Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
another odd electrical issue Forums > > another odd electrical issue another odd electrical issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 AM
thefairlaneman

Default another odd electrical issue

My 94 ALTIMA has the tail lights come on every time I hook up the battery. (dead draw) Its not a stuck open brake light swicth but the taillights. The brake lights work . Once my tarus had the same issue with the headlights not being able to be turned off and the problem was in the main control muti-purpose switch in the stearing colum. Ant ideas would be helpful. thanks:confused:
Old 07-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

I found the following possibilities on the net.

1995 Altima...
Question: 95 Nissan Altima Break and parking lights stay on can't turn them off had to remove the fuse any idea how to fix it?

Answer: Replace the pad that contacts the brakelight switch and opens it to turn off the lights

1991 Sentra...
Question: My tail lights stay on. brake lights , headlights, etc.. all work HELP

Answer:
Look at the wiring on the steering column for the switches, turns out my headlight/turn signal switch assembly was bad.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
thefairlaneman

Thanks alot, lucky for me I have a complete 95 altima from which I can get parts. I will do it tonight
Old 07-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefairlaneman View Post
Thanks alot, lucky for me I have a complete 95 altima from which I can get parts. I will do it tonight
Remember - those are possibilities. Check back - I'm sure someone will have a better solution. Also, let us know if you get it fixed.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
thefairlaneman

The car is almost fixed. Got the ac coming on without a jumper wire, Found the brake light switch stuck closed , the low speed radiator fans cycling on and off , replaced the TPI which fixed that and now I got to find out why the dash temp guage isnt working. Found a great cleaner for the interior,called oxic majic. The interior was covered in soda when a 2 litre coke blew up..now it looks like NEW,,,,,,very bright and clean..

Tags
electrical, issue, odd