Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Altima 2005 No Start when hot. Forums > > Altima 2005 No Start when hot. Altima 2005 No Start when hot.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-11-2017, 09:31 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
2012 370Z Coupe

Default Altima 2005 No Start when hot.

One day I was driving home, My Altima 2005 has stopped on the road after making an turn. I tried to start, It cranks but does not start. Next day, I towed it to pepboys and they said it was a bad fuel pump and relay and replaced it. The car went good and next day after driving for about a mile and I stopped the car, went to home to pick up something and tried to start the car then same thing, It cranks but does not start. After half an hour, It started. When I complained about the same, they said it can be the faulty fuel pump and replaced the pump again. It does not make any difference and I cannot replicate the issue with them. I have the ("SES") light on, I changed the cam shaft and crank shaft sensors with genuine nissan parts by reading in one of the threads and also my code says so and cleared it. It runs good for sometime and stops and does not start but cranks. I have the ("SES") light on again and it read the codes as P1444 and P1271. I suspect my car was not starting up when the engine is hot, because after I drive for sometime (not long distances) the car does not start and also stalls. I have spent some good money and time in the pep boys store for replacing the fuel pump and on sensors. Please help if I can do anything before giving up.

Thanks,
Kenny
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieronn View Post
I suspect my car was not starting up when the engine is hot, because after I drive for sometime (not long distances) the car does not start and also stalls.
1. There's a conflict on your post. An engine that does not start will not stall. According to you it will not start but also stalls. It tells me it will start sometimes but cannot hold idle so it stalls.

2. Code P1444 I suspect might be the issue. It's the Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve. It's very easy to replace. Just follow the EVAP line as it enters the engine bay and after the Service Port it connects to the Purge Solenoid Valve. The other connection is the Vacuum line. If the vacuum hose is cracked/damaged it will cause a severe misfire or engine stall.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:52 PM
2005 Altima Sedan
2012 370Z Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
1. There's a conflict on your post. An engine that does not start will not stall. According to you it will not start but also stalls. It tells me it will start sometimes but cannot hold idle so it stalls.
Thanks for the reply bennyb53. I am sorry I was not clear. Most of the times it will not start and even if it starts some time it will stall immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
2. Code P1444 I suspect might be the issue. It's the Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve. It's very easy to replace. Just follow the EVAP line as it enters the engine bay and after the Service Port it connects to the Purge Solenoid Valve. The other connection is the Vacuum line. If the vacuum hose is cracked/damaged it will cause a severe misfire or engine stall.
I will buy the Purge Volume Control Solenoid valve and replace and post the update.

--

I tried to start the car using starter fluid, every time I used it, car cranks with some noise and starts and stall immediately. I am also wondering if the engine coolant sensor has anything to do with this ( though no codes ).

Thanks,
Kenny.

Tags
altima, hot, start