Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
01 Altima idle prob Forums > > 01 Altima idle prob 01 Altima idle prob
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 07-17-2007, 04:21 PM
dgreif

Cool 01 Altima idle prob

Bought an 01 Altima, 90k mi, history unknown. Engine and trans quiet. Idles at 950+ rpm, A/C on or off. Have done lots of internet mining on this prob. Did the ignition on/off re-learn procedure. Can get 700 rpm idle sometimes but turning the A/C on/off still leaves it stuck at 950-1000. Sprayed the intake manifold, no changes. CEL is not, has not come on. Spoke to a Mazda mechanic (friend) who conferred w. a Nissan guy about it. Nissan mech. says they sell lots of IACV's and that's probably the issue. Since that's a big labor cost job I'd like to hear about ANY other possible causes I can investigate. thx----D
Old 07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
2015 Rogue

Try removing and cleaning the Iacv brfore you replace it.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
dgreif

I think I looked at that in my Haynes manual. Can't check it again right now cuz I'm at work. I didn't do it cuz I think it describes removing the intake first. Does that sound correct? This is my only car so it's an issue. Also, I'm in Mesa, AZ and it's 110 degrees.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:02 PM
dgreif

Do you have an opinion about my poor fuel economy problem?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
chrisg74

check the intake gasket( big $ job ) and check your Mass Air Flow meter. I have done them all myself, the intake is not a fun job. I have heard alot of problems w/ intakes and MAF sensors going bad. You can remove the IAC w/out removing the intake
Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
dgreif

Yes, I was wrong about having to remove the intake to get at the IACV. Haynes manual just showed it that way for illustration purposes. I sprayed the manifold once and noticed nothing but may do it again. I considered the MAF issue so I got some CRC MAF cleaner this AM and will do that tmro. Will also clean the throttle body since I'll have the airbox out. THEN I'll decide on the IACV.

Tags
altima, idle, prob