Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Nissan Altima code P0507 Forums > > 2002 Nissan Altima code P0507 2002 Nissan Altima code P0507
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Birdman

Default 2002 Nissan Altima code P0507

Check engine light code P0507
Removed my TB and cleaned but before I did this also removed the electronics from it also! After installing it idle was @ 1100 RPM So reset the Idle Air Control (Note did not get the SES light to flash?) after doing this RPM's droped to 700. I also tryed the batery cable thing (holding them together for 10 seconds, off of the batery). The car will still hesatate when you start up,but if you acelerate it will clear up and run fine? About 200 miles SES light will come back on?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

How did you reset the idle? did you follow the instruction in the bulletin? 2002-2005 NISSAN VEHICLES; PROCEDURE TO COMPLETE IAVL WHEN IDLE SPEED NEEDS TO BE REDUCED.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Birdman

one other thing you can try is "throttle valve closed position learn". first make sure that engine and trans are at full operating temp, all electrical loads off and trans in park.

1. turn ignition off and wait at least 10 seconds.
2. accelerator pedal fully released, turn ignition on and wait 3 seconds.
3. fully depress and then release accel pedal 5 times within 5 seconds.
4. wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accel pedal and hold it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.
5. fully release accel pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL goes off.

The MIL does not go off for me?
But the Idle come down to 700RPM?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
03pearlalti

Hey there, I recently had an idle problem, it would fluctuate to 1500 @ Park/Neutral or it would dip low to almost stalling on Drive. I had the Throttle Body cleaned by my local loyal shop before I experienced these problems. Nissan ran a diagnostics, reset the computer and relearned the idle, but after 36 kilometres, the problem returned. I ended up having to replace the IAC motor/throttle body and ecm reprogram after install. Everything is smooth as silk and the car never ran any better. No probs so far, let's hope it stays that way. Gd luck.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Birdman

Did you have the Throttle body replace or just the Motor on it?
Do the Nissan dealer reset the computer or did you
About how much did it cost
Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 01:02 AM
03pearlalti

I got the throttle body unit replaced, apparently when ordered, it comes in two parts, however both parts come in one box labeled as the throttle body. Took about one hour labour, the part itself cost around $179. Yes, they had to reprogram/relearn idle. Just make sure that you really need the throttle body assembly by diagnostics via comp and relearn....if that doesn't work, then you need an assembly. Good luck

Tags
2002, altima, code, nissan, p0507