Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
no fuel injector pulse in #1 cylinder Forums > > no fuel injector pulse in #1 cylinder no fuel injector pulse in #1 cylinder
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2016, 01:10 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default no fuel injector pulse in #1 cylinder

2005 Altima 2.5 engine. Have spark-compression-good fuel injector-power to injector, but no injection pulse to this injector. Engine runs on other three cylinders. Anyone know how to back probe injector wires going into PCM to determine if there is power at the PCM or not? If power- bad PCM injector driver/ if no power open circuit to PCM. Thank you
Old 12-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

What you do is disconnect the battery, unplug the injector and ECM, locate the appropriate pin in the ECM harness connector and injector harness connector. Check to make sure there is no continuity between the wire and chassis ground, which would indicate a short to ground if there is continuity. Then, check the wire from connector to connector using an ohmmeter to see if there is continuity and to make sure there is not excessive resistance in the circuit. If that is good, the circuit is good. Then, locate the ECM grounds at the ECM harness connector and make sure they have continuity to ground and no excessive resistance. If those are good, it is likely a bad driver in the ECM.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:58 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Tests so far

Thank you for your help. Your help makes sense to me. Today I found continuity in all four fuel injector wires going from PCM female plug to injector wiring harness at the fuel injectors. I will test for ground continuity and a short to ground,but it looks like I have a bad injector driver inside the PCM. Can just one driver go bad and the others continue to work? Thanks again

Last edited by paulorlo; 12-10-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Yes, each injector has its own driver.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:23 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default PCM

All test seem to point to a bad injector driver inside the PCM. I found a company that will repair the original PCM and ship it back for $165. It is a plug and play installation back into the car after the repair. Anyone have suggestion how to fix this problem? Never owned a car that had this issue before. Thanks
Old 12-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

There are several companies that will repair ECM's. Circuit Board Medics is one of the more popular companies that do it. Not sure what you are asking in your question? If the ECM is bad, then it has to be replaced or repaired.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:22 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Thanks again for your help. My question was to see if anyone else had found a better way to deal with this issue. Apparently repair or replace are the only two options. Do you know what causes this problem to the PCM? Such as jump starting a dead battery causing a overload of the PCM circuit board. Thanks again for your quick response. It makes this forum work for people like me, who try to be a DIY repair person.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Cross-jumping a battery can damage an ECM, but, sometimes parts just break..

Tags
cylinder, fuel, injector, pulse