Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima Does Not Start Forums > > 2005 Altima Does Not Start 2005 Altima Does Not Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 05-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2001 Infiniti I30

Default 2005 Altima Does Not Start

I have 2005 Altima 3.5SL and engine stalled on a highway after SES flashing. The car was towed to home and the towing driver found out that there was no fuel pressure at the engine and he thought the fuel pump was the culprit. I also checked the code which were P0300 and P0301.
After doing some research, I changed the fuel pump assembly since it was easy enough to do. After the replacement of the pump, the car still does not start.
Did anyone have any experience/symptoms such as this? I want to try different things before I take it to a dealer.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:05 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. The P0300 and P0301 will not cause a no start but you will have a severe misfire.

2. Did you actually watch the tow truck driver do the fuel pressure test. If in fact he did then at least you owe him a case of his fav beer.If fuel pump issue which you already replaced, it could be electrical. So check fuel pump fuse or test the pump relay. Scan ECM again for possible other trouble code. For a car to stall while on the road could be catastrophic.

3. Is it Will crank but No start or No crank No start. You can research on the Net if there's outstanding recall on your car. Years ago there was a recall for Crankshaft Sensor failure for Altima causing engine to stall while car is driven. I'm just guessing based on your description.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:00 AM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2001 Infiniti I30

I forgot to mention in the initial thread that I checked all fuses and relays.

This is my brother's car and he was in the tow truck when the driver opened up the hood to check the 'fuel pressure'. According to my brother, the driver did not use any tool. The driver may have used his finger to test the presence of fuel.

The engine will crank but no start.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Take battery voltage reading and check batt. neg cable connections. You said you checked fuses, check ECM fuse and fuse by positive batt. post. If all check out I would go straight test crankshaft and camshaft sensors. If you don't want to do that, call dealer and ask what the charge for diagnostics. Usually one hour and to do the repair would be additional plus parts.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2001 Infiniti I30

Does anyone know the cause of the following situation?
For the same vehicle, 2005 Altima 3.5SE, when I turn the ignition key to 'ON' position, I get ONE spark on ignition coil. As I turn the key to START position, It continues cranking but no start. Since car does not start, I checked fuel and spark and that's how I discovered it. Every time when I turn the key on, whether to start or just to turn on, I get one spark. that's it.
Any idea what's causing this and/or what to look to find the cause?

Tags
fuel, pump, altima, start, car, engine, replacement, research, assembly, changed, easy, things, dealer, experience/symptoms, code, driver, towing, found, home, towed, stalled, highway, ses, flashing, 3.5sl