Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Need help with alloy wheel part # Forums > > Need help with alloy wheel part # Need help with alloy wheel part #
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 AM
2008 Altima

Default Need help with alloy wheel part #

Hi folks,

I managed to slide on the ice yesterday and hit the curb. My alloy wheel is now bent with a small crack in it. It's still holding air and driving ok, but I'm going to need to find a new wheel. My car is a 2008 Altima 2.5S. I'd like to source this locally, but so far I'm striking out at the local junk yards. This means I'm probably going to have to order online.

I am getting confused on the part numbers, since there seems to be multiple. One guy on the phone asked if it was bright silver or medium silver. I assumed bright was a chrome-type finish, but after looking more I'm not sure. Online I've found part numbers for this wheel of:
  • 40300M
  • 40300-JA200
  • 40300-JA21B (appears to be a replacement number for 40300-JA200 above)

Any ideas to help me figure out the correct number (and bright vs. medium finish) so I end up getting a wheel that matches what I have? Any online stores anyone would suggest? I'm seeing prices around $100 to $130-ish. I'm guessing I could do better at a local junk yard, but so far I'm not finding any 2008-2009 Altimas at the local yards.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 AM
G47

I would look on craigslist also
ebay should be fine also
Old 01-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Only two of the numbers you listed are actual Nissan part numbers. The 40300-JA21B was replaced by the 40300-JA200, so they are the same wheel, a 16x7 alloy wheel used on Altimas from 2007-2010.

1stAAANissanParts.com sells a new, genuine Nissan wheel for $265+shipping.

Rockauto.com has Keystone replica wheels for $124 and reconditioned wheels for $129, which doesn't include shipping nor the 5% discount code which you can get with a simple Google search.

There are a number of other places that do wheel refurbishing that you can find with a simple Google search. These wheels are straightened and refinished and are as good as a new wheel and often carry a lifetime limited warranty. For used wheels, I would try Ebay and Car-Part.com.

Tags
alloy, part, wheel