Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Long Crank before starting Forums > > Long Crank before starting Long Crank before starting
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Altima

Default Long Crank before starting

I have a 04 Altima with the 2.5l. My car starts it just has a long crank, because the fuel pressure regulator isn't holding pressure. Now the regulator is part on the fuel pump, but is there a repair kit for this problem? 4 yrs ago I replaced the pump which was $300 for the same problem. The problem was fixed but now it's coming back. I know that other Nissan's have the same issue. Does anyone no of a repair kit and instructions?
Thanks.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Altima

Haven't heard of any "kit" for the fuel pump. But if their is one, wish I knew about it.

Had to have my fuel pump replaced a couple of months ago due to the same problem. Been starting great since.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2005 Altima

Can someone enlighten me on how you would diagnose this. My 05 is hard starting, have to crank excessively before it starts. Only sometimes though. very random
Old 08-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Altima

As much as I hated to, took it to my friendly neighborhood Nissan dealer where they plugged in their super-duper scanner and came up with a defective fuel pump. Only way I know of to diagnose this problem.
Still starting up every time with the new pump.

Tags
crank, long, starting