Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 altima 2.5 lemon Forums > > 2002 altima 2.5 lemon 2002 altima 2.5 lemon
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 AM
beanster67

Unhappy 2002 altima 2.5 lemon

own a 2002 2.5 altima , going on my third motor (car in shop as i write) and it is the same problem every time ,it has to do with the catyalct converters clogging up and then breaking up and going into my motor ,also on my second motor, the power valve butterfly came loose got sucked into motor, what a headache car was in & out of shop ,they couldn't figure what was wrong with it , i kept picking it up and bringing back, i tell you it was a bunch of:censored: and i bought the car used two years ago in sept 05 , now it is back in the shop and my warranty is up , and nissan say's it can't help me cause i'm out of warranty, boy did i get taken for a ride , be cautious if you by a 2002 altima with a 2.5 motor especially from action nissan(now rockland nissan, blauvelt ny)and a sales guy named freddy, any tech out there know the deal with this motor, since the warranty is up i plan on going with a header and no cats
Old 12-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Freddsterr

beanster67 check for clog exhaust resonater i bet it is clog and thats why you are going threw so many engines.

Tags
2002, altima, lemon