Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
TPMS light stays on Forums > > TPMS light stays on TPMS light stays on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Enthusiast

2018 Rogue SV AWD

Default TPMS light stays on

We had a very cold spell a week ago today where the overnight temp got to -4 degrees. The next day I had a TPMS light on so I checked the tire pressure. 3 tires had 35 psi and the rear passenger tire had 32psi. I got my air hose out and filled to match the other 3...35psi. I've driven the car a whole week now and the light remains on. Do you think the extreme cold has done something to one of the sensors. I guess I could remove a battery cable for a few minutes to get it to go out but I think it should go out on its own as before. Last time I drove the car for just a few minutes and the light went out. Not this time.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
2015 Rogue

If it is on steady then it should be a pressure issue. If the light is blinking it would indicate a problem with a sensor. Try using a different pressure gauge if the light is steady.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:48 AM
Enthusiast

2018 Rogue SV AWD

Default TPMS

Yes the light is steady after blinking a few times at start up. I'm using a digital gauge. I'll get another gauge and check it. Thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

I get false TPMS indications from time to time. Sometimes it goes out on its own, sometimes after I add a couple of pounds to an already almost fully inflated tire. IMO, the system (at least in my '07 and '08 Nissans) is unreliable.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 AM

2004 G35 coupe

I have had to overinflate to about 40 psi and then deflate to normal pressure to turn off the light.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Sometimes the battery in one or more sensors get weak and they will fail during cold weather, causing a code to set and the light to stay on steady. These batteries seem to last about 6 or 7 years, so if your vehicle is a 2007 model, it sounds like a likely candidate for the problem. The batteries are not replaceable; you have to replace the entire TPMS sensor. If all of the sensors are original, you may be best off replace all four and save you some headache in the future. If one or more of the sensors are replaced, the sensor will have to be "woke up" and initialized to the TPMS control module. This would require an activation tool and a scantool, meaning you will have to take the vehicle to a dealer, tire shop or auto repair facility that has the equipment to do this. This said, you should first have the TPMS codes read to see what problem they are indicating. This would require a scantool more advanced than the code readers most auto part places use to access powertrain OBD II codes.

Last edited by smj999smj; 02-02-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Enthusiast

2018 Rogue SV AWD

Default TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Sometimes the battery in one or more sensors get weak and they will fail during cold weather, causing a code to set and the light to stay on steady. These batteries seem to last about 6 or 7 years, so if your vehicle is a 2007 model, it sounds like a likely candidate for the problem. The batteries are not replaceable; you have to replace the entire TPMS sensor. If all of the sensors are original, you may be best off replace all four and save you some headache in the future. If one or more of the sensors are replaced, the sensor will have to be "woke up" and initialized to the TPMS control module. This would require an activation tool and a scantool, meaning you will have to take the vehicle to a dealer, tire shop or auto repair facility that has the equipment to do this. This said, you should first have the TPMS codes read to see what problem they are indicating. This would require a scantool more advanced than the code readers most auto part places use to access powertrain OBD II codes.
I have tried inflating to 40 psi as suggested then running for a few minutes and then letting some air out to specs. So far the light remains on. These are the original TPMS sensors so I guess I'll have to have them replaced. I had 4 new Michelin Defender tires installed about a year ago from Sears and they recommended at the time for me to rebuild the sensors. I declined because..if it aint broke...don't fix it. Maybe I should have taken them up on that at only $4.95 per wheel.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 AM

2004 G35 coupe

The rebuild on the sensors only replaces the rubber seals, so you did the right thing refusing that service if there was nothing wrong.

I replaced the sensors on my FX last year because one of them was dead. I got OEM sensors at Revolution Supply for about $25 each. They are the same sensors as OEM. Home Page It was the least expensive place I found.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Enthusiast

2018 Rogue SV AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
The rebuild on the sensors only replaces the rubber seals, so you did the right thing refusing that service if there was nothing wrong.

I replaced the sensors on my FX last year because one of them was dead. I got OEM sensors at Revolution Supply for about $25 each. They are the same sensors as OEM. Home Page It was the least expensive place I found.
I called around yesterday for prices. The dealer wants $181.00 per wheel while Sears wants $111.00 per wheel plus $12.00 each to install. The best online prices for the sensors I could find were in the $40.00 range. I'll check out your link and see what I can find. Thanks
Old 02-04-2014, 05:06 PM

2004 G35 coupe

Keep us updated. I haven't had any problems with the replacements on my FX.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Enthusiast

2018 Rogue SV AWD

Default Sensors

Gilley I have tried to find my sensors on that home page link but from the home page when I click on the TPMS links nothing works. Its like the site is down. You can click the link but nothing happens. I was on my ipad so I went to my computer and tried it. Still didn't work. Now I'm trying it from my work computer and again it doesn't work. Wonder what's up with that?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM

2004 G35 coupe

Try this link Untitled Page. Or google revolution supply. They are in Westminster, CA.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
Yes the light is steady after blinking a few times at start up. I'm using a digital gauge. I'll get another gauge and check it. Thanks
the blinking before steady indicates a problem with a tire sensor
Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 AM
2012 Frontier
2012 Frontier

Keep check of your tire pressure the old fashioned way, before TPMS, and put a piece of black tape over the light and forget it. More Gov interference in our lives that cost us $$.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:36 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Default TPMS Fuse

Does any one of you guys know if there's a specific fuse for TPMS Light?

Tags
light, stays, tpms