Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
08 Nissan Altima HELP PLEASE ! Forums > > 08 Nissan Altima HELP PLEASE ! 08 Nissan Altima HELP PLEASE !
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2018, 06:34 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Default 08 Nissan Altima HELP PLEASE !

I have a 08 Altima. It started hesitating on taking gas. It’s left me sitting once but even when it did that the car would start and idle. You could push the gas to the floor and it would just idle. When you’re driving it, you can feel it jump like it’s running out of gas when you’re driving down the road. I’ve had it to a garage. We’ve replaced throttle body, cam sensor, coil pack, plugs, fuel pump, o2 sensors, and had the car hooked up to do the relearn. And it is still doing it! Just got it out of the shop yesterday and drove it home parked it. Drove it today and now it’s showing code P2A00. I’ve sank over $600 in this car in the last month and nothing has helped. Please, can someone point me in the right direction of what it could be! Also, does it have a fuel filter on it? I’ve read where some have said it only has the one on the fuel pump. But other things I’ve read, says it does have another fuel filter.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

i think you should try checking the fuel systems becoz your code p2a00 also imply a lean mixture deviation. Lean in a sense like fuel starvation. Try hooking up a fuel pressure gauge that can read at least 350kpa (if im not mistaken). And take note of the engine run for/if
any slight improvements After the hook-up. Other possibilities could be clogged injectors, a defective maf sensor, or an intake air leakage. i understand you have replaced the coils and the O2 sensors so we'll just assume they are working fine. I wish you luck.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwills View Post
i think you should try checking the fuel systems becoz your code p2a00 also imply a lean mixture deviation. Lean in a sense like fuel starvation. Try hooking up a fuel pressure gauge that can read at least 350kpa (if im not mistaken). And take note of the engine run for/if
any slight improvements After the hook-up. Other possibilities could be clogged injectors, a defective maf sensor, or an intake air leakage. i understand you have replaced the coils and the O2 sensors so we'll just assume they are working fine. I wish you luck.

Thank you for replying. I will look into this! Would you happen to know if it has a fuel filter other then the one on the fuel pump
Old 04-16-2018, 08:38 AM
2009 Altima Sedan

The fuel filter is originally integrated with the fuel pump assy. If found on other locations, most probably its a customized effort.

Tags
altima, nissan