Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Where exactly is the knock sensor 2001 altima gxe?? Forums > > Where exactly is the knock sensor 2001 altima gxe?? Where exactly is the knock sensor 2001 altima gxe??
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
2001 Altima

Default Where exactly is the knock sensor 2001 altima gxe??

Everything I've read and seen, it's easy to changethe knock sensor, but I can't find it!!! Please help!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

what is the trouble code that points you to the knock sensor.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM
2001 Altima

Thank you for your response! The car is shaking when accelerated, and a knock has started from the engine. The reading was PO325. I have already purchased the sensor, and my son says he should be able to replace it, however, every diagram and video we have watched, it does not appear to be where it says. Due to fiancial circumstances from a recent divorce, we do not feel comfortable bringing it to a mechanic. We have relocated and do not know a reputable one that will not tell us there is 900 other things wrong with it, that will be unecessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Be sure there are no other codes that pop with P0325 such as P0335.
1. disconnect negative battery cable.
2. raise right front of car (passenger side) and remove the wheel. be sure to have proper support and block rear wheels. you may or may not have to remove the splash shield.
3. when you look thru the cavity (hole or opening) and look up to your 10:00 o'clock you will see the sensor under the intake manifold. you already bought the part so you know what the sensor look like. you might also need some lighting. the sensor might also partially blocked by the vacuum tank canister that make access a little more difficult.
4. i believe its a 12mm bolt. you need a socket and wrench. a gear wrench is a lot better. hope this helps.
5. connect the wire connector to the new KS (this prevent the sensor from dropping or you will need a new one) and then re-install the new sensor.

Last edited by bennyb53; 06-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
2001 Altima

I can't even thank you enough for your help. you are very kind and I hope you have a wonderful night. This is more than I can ask for.

Tags
2001, altima, gxe, knock, sensor