Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0455 Code Forums > > P0455 Code P0455 Code
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 09-25-2011, 01:59 PM
swenny66

Default P0455 Code

I have an 03 altima witha 2.5l engine. I got the P0455 code so I replaced the gas cap but the SES light came on after about 40 miles. Can anyone give me detailed instructions on where to find and how to change the EVAP cannister and vent control valve? Pictures would be greatly appreciated as I am a novice.

Thank you!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:13 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

P0455 - EVAP control system gross leak detected. As a registered user you may download the Engine Control service manual for your vehicle. Click Knowledgebase from the menu tab then select service manual from the dropdown menu.

For large leak, the possible causes are numerous. Start with your fuel cap, may be you forgot to tightened it good. The EVAP purge volume control valve and EVAP vent control valve are located in the fuel tank area as shown in the service manual.

The vent control valve could be stuck open. Have fun.

Tags
03 altima, code, p0455