Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors Forums > > 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors 2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
smulisag

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulisag View Post
So after following this thread and another, it was easy to replace the crank sensor but the problem is still there even after clearing codes and resetting. After resetting, I drove it 20 miles. Got out and went into store. Came out 10 minutes later and car almost didn't start. MIL did not come on. Drove it 100 yards and stopped. Went into another store and came out 30 minutes later. Car started much easier but still had to turn over more than usual. This time MIL came on and stayed on. Replaced Autozone sensor just incase and the second one told me the same thing. Took it to Bankston Nissan and I too got the $314 quote to replace same sensor I just replaced. They claim the manufacture makes these for specific model and Autozone uses generic ones to fit more models. I don't buy it cause when you buy a new one from the dealer it looks like Autozone metal one and not small plastic OEM.

So now I have replaced it twice and reset codes twice and still have the problem. Any clue? I can't figure out if it is true that I should only get the dealer one. I am not opposed to it, just already spent $28.99...they should be working. I would think there would be hundreds of people complaining about Autozone if none of these worked.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Turns out the middle pin of three was bent. I finally pulled it to replace it for the 3rd time and discovered the pin. Now everything works fine. I should have installed the plug first then stuck the crank sensor back in the hole. I still don't know why the first one I replaced was failing.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 AM
davidwillson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadi2006 View Post
I have the same problem with my Sunny-Sentra 2004 manual transmission the MIL light alawys ON the code is 0335 crankshaft sensor it can not be erased from Memory while driving the car is fine ,but sometimes the engine freezes while shafting gear ,also sometimes when I turn off the engine it doesn't start easily it takes long time to start again .I have tried to search in internet to find service Manual and the Location for Crankshat sensor but I have not find any thing to solve problem
Sounds like you both have a bad crankshaft position sensor. It is located on the backside of the engine.If you take the air cleaner duct off you can see if from the top. Look down where the transmission and engine meet. You should see the connector right next to the engine mount. For the sentra it is easier to see from under the car.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
L.McGee

If you had error p7025, it is "Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction" which says nothing about crank or cam sensors directly so yes, they could both be included in 1 code. At any rate the camshaft sensor takes about 2 minutes to check so it would be worth a peek.

**edit

Didn't see your post about the bent pin..

Btw if you have the extra 30 bucks to replace the cam sensor as its the same sensor with the engineering flaw, you may want to do it just to eliminate that as possibly causing the same symptoms down the road.

Last edited by L.McGee; 10-19-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Isaias4u2nv

So I'm having the same problem as everybody else here and with info I have found I think I may be able to do this.

Now my only question is do I need to buy crankshaft and camshaft sensors, or just only Crank Shaft sensor... More than likely I will buy sensor(s) at Nissan Dealership.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 AM
2004 Altima
2006 Xterra

So I am in the process of replacing both crank & cam sensor. When I try to push the harness clip onto the new sensor I hear a click and the green tab slides back, but it doesn't lock to the sensor. I can just pull the harness off without pushing in the green tab. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to push it together further? I bought the sensor from courtesyparts.com (P/N: 23731-6N21A) for my 2004 2.5L.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
zjm1000

Default cam positioning sensor

symptoms of my problem: 2005 nissan sentra 1.8L special

six months ago, car would sputter if i left the house and just took off right after starting the car. it was winter, so i just let the car warm up a few minutes, and it did fine.

past month or so it has been starting rough, but if i let the car run for a few minutes it would be fine. the check engine light came on, and the error code was for a cam positioning sensor.

i work a lot so i didnt have time to fix the issue. today and yesterday it has taken me 15 minutes to start my car, it would constantly die. i used this forum to figure out where the camshaft positioning sensor was located and swapped it out. the new one looked identical to the old one, so i replaced it. was a very easy process, and i have a few good pics if anyone needs them, send me an email to [email protected] saying sensor pics in the subject and i will send them to you. (the old sensor was covered with oil)

i have yet to see if this has completely fixed the problem, will have to wait til tomorrow morning, as the car is still warmed up and it would start anyway. if this doesnt work, the next step is the crankshaft positioning sensor.

thanks, zack
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Be sure your new camshaft and crankshaft sensors are metal and cylindrical in shape instead of plastic. You can get one on the net about $50-$60 each. Its one and the same part and part #.

If you plan to DIY on crankshaft sensor replacement, read my thread on page 12, Altima Forum. Title: Where is the crankshaft senor on 2006 Altima.

If money is no object buying two, replace both CPS and CKP.

Last edited by bennyb53; 07-15-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
2004 Altima
2004 Armada

Thank you all for the information you have provided, and especially "ehiris" for your photos. It made replacing the crankshaft sensor on my Altima much easier than it would be had I tried it on my own. I had the same errors on my car, and have experienced the engine racing between 2nd and 3rd gears as well as the stalling, hard to start engine. After replacing the original defective sensor with the new metal-encased sensor, things seem to be running great.

The only information I can add or confirm is that connecting the new sensor to the wire is far easier if it is done before the sensor is installed. It's just too difficult to get the leverage required while your arm is contorted between the engine and the firewall. Also, definitely wet the o-ring with a good amount of engine oil before trying to insert it. It's far easier to insert when it's been oiled.

Thanks again everybody!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 AM
2004 Altima
2004 Armada

Quick update: The engine still revs between gears 2-3. I probably didn't notice it immediately because the engine/transmission was still warm. Still looking for a solution to this.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Mz Luvly

Hello All, I have a 2006 Altima and I am also experiencing the same issues as the rest of you. My husband thought it may be the cam shaft sensor so he changed it and hours later the service engine lite came back on. So yesterday I decided I would take green beauty (my car) to NTB to have the crank shaft sensor changed since it was hard for the man to get to. I drove the car to the gas station and then home and I thought I was safe and finally good to drive. Needless to say that on the drive in to work the service engine light came back on and the car is driving sluggish. Would either of you have any idea as to what this could be? I believe the code is reading 725.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

To Mz Luvly:
1. What was the trouble code that made you decide to replace the crankshaft sensor.
2. Is NTB a Nissan dealer? Be sure the correct parts are installed.
3. When 0725- engine speed sensor is accompanied by P0335 - crankshaft sensor, the 0725 is triggered by the 0335. So taking care of the 0335 also cure the 0725. If this comes by itself, its possible the sensor has failed.
Check out this thread:
2005 Altima - P0335 and P0725 errors

Checkout this thread if you plan to DIY crankshaft sensor replacement. Takes 15 minutes. Your hubby can do it.
Where is the crank shaft senor on 2006 altima
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM
2008 Altima

Default 2006 Altima 2.5 p0335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
The crank sensor monitors engine speed. That is why you get the engine signal spped code. Sounds like you may be getting that confused with the vehicle speed sensor. The crankshaft sensor is the one you will want to replace. I have replaced several for this same problem. It is a very common problem.
The new crankshaft sensor is 180 degree difference in the connector, should the wiring be . . . to . . . or is the new sensor config to the old harness.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
2008 Altima

Easy, while pushing on the green clip you should hear a click, push in a few time to insure your properly disengage the clip. I use a swivel mechanic mirror to see what I was doing. Hear a link video that help me. 2003 Nissan Altima S - Camshaft & Crankshaft Position Sensors - YouTube
Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
1985 350Z
1985 280ZX

Anyway - I am getting mixed advice as to which sensor is the real problem. The check engine light came on and we checked and got both these codes. Seems unlikely both sensors failed? A Nissan tech recommended replacing the crankshaft position sensor as this fails more often, but I have heard the opposite elsewhere...
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
2006 Altima
2006 Altima

I repeat the comment of smithj: To all those who have posted tips in this thread - THANK YOU! Especially ehiris for those photos as I don't think I would have ever found that crankshaft position sensor without them! Some points to add: 1. Remove the plastic shield over the engine and you can see the sensor. 2. Push the green tab toward the motor until you hear a click. 3. I used a 20" long screwdriver (inserted from above the engine) to push the connector off the sensor. I also used the same screwdriver to push the sensor out of the block (after removing the 10mm bolt). 4. Push the connector on until you hear it click.

Tags
2005, altima, errors, p0335, p0725