Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
ABS,TCS and SLIP lights on - 2003 3.5 SE Forums > > ABS,TCS and SLIP lights on - 2003 3.5 SE ABS,TCS and SLIP lights on - 2003 3.5 SE
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 AM
MarkZeds

Default ABS,TCS and SLIP lights on - 2003 3.5 SE

Hello one and all,

My problem started a few months ago when I accelerated quickly. I basically lost power and my SLIP light flashed on. I know SLIP is for when your tires slip and the clutch in the tranny engages to protect it. But my tires are not slipping and it still comes on. Then my ABS started to engage everytime I touch the brake pedal. Sounds has the whole front end was going to drop off. I press the TCS button to 'OFF' and everything was OK. But I didn't have ABS or the SLIP feature. Now as soon as I start the car the ABS/TCS lights are on and when I put it into drive the SLIP light comes on. I feel these are all sensor issues but which one???? Does need a special device to pull service codes from the car???

Thanks for your help

MarkZeds

Last edited by MarkZeds; 01-26-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
2015 Rogue

A common issue on this setup is the rear abs sensors. They go through a plastic cover and read off the wheel bearing. The housing that holds the plastic cover is aluminum and it corrodes. The corrosion causes the plastic cover to distort and it pushes the sensor down away from the sensor ring on the wheel bearing. To fix this you will need to remove both rear wheel bearings and pop out the plastic covers. Use a file to make the hole in the cover larger. This will prevent the cover from contacting the sensor. Then reassemble.
DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE SENSORS! The bolts break very easily and are difficult to drill out of the aluminum housing.

Sometimes this will cause an internal failure of the abs pump due to it running constantly. Fix it asap. That part costs about $1200.00
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:42 AM
MarkZeds

Thumbs up

Tks mpe235

I'll have it looked at right away

MarkZeds
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Linic

Damn, I own the same car and I am having the same problem... Markzeds did that fix your problem?? Help please!!!

Tags
2003, abs, lights, slip, tcs