Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1993 altima doesnt like cold weather Forums > > 1993 altima doesnt like cold weather 1993 altima doesnt like cold weather
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM
edster9244

Default 1993 altima doesnt like cold weather

my 93 altima just started to refuse to start when the outside temperature gets into the low 20's around 30 it fires right up is there a cold start sensor or something like that?
thanks for any input
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
robo_geek

From a technical standpoint, the car treats all cold starts the same, adjusting the fuel mixture and timing based on the exact temperature.

Does your car engine turn over, but not start?

A more likely scenario would be that any moisture in the fuel could cause issues. I would start with some fuel treatment of some sort.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Sure you don't have a crack in the distributor cap or other issue letting in moisture and debris into the distributor? I know that oil fouling of distributors is common on those first generation Altimas (from what I've read here).

Next time you're in that situation, see if you have spark. Or take the cap off and see if there is moisture in the distributor (or oil fouling). That might clue you in as to what the issue is...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:30 PM
edster9244

Default 1993 altima doesnt llike cold mornings

thanks for interest the car does turn over and cranks well. it starts and runs good when its not to cold i will check the distributor fr cracks and or moisture and do some fuel treatments thanks again,will keep you informed of what i discover

Tags
1993, altima, cold, weather