Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Altima Rear Passenger Forums > > Altima Rear Passenger Altima Rear Passenger
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 AM
2007 Altima
2006 Altima

Default Altima Rear Passenger

My rear passenger door does not like cold weather. Occasionally it refuses to close. Manuevering the power and manual locking mechanisms have succeeded in allowing the door to close in the past, a minor annoyance, but most recently after closing the door, it refuses to open from the inside or the outside.

I am taking the car to the dealer this weekend, but what causes this problem? I hope they can get the door open to fix it. I thought only Saabs had ridiculous issues like this. This is my second Altima, a 2007. My 2006 performed flawlessly. I wish I kept it.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default Latch

Snow or ice built up in the latch, or just a plain bad latch. It does happen now and then.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:34 PM
2007 Altima
2006 Altima

Default Thanks

PonchoGuy: thanks for the reply about the rear door. I took it to the dealer and the service department ordered a part. But they still have to get the door opened from the inside, which means removing the back seat to gain access to the inside panel. How many hours it will take to remove and replace the door, plus the two hours I've already spent there on Saturday, plus the cost of the part....

Ironically, while the order was being written up, the dealer claimed the rear door issue is a very uncommon one; yet as I sat there another person came in with a similar problem. I'll have to take a day off from work and hope they can fix it. Not a big Nissan fan about now.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default Dealer

Inquire if the dealer has a late night drop off for the keys and the vehicle. Also, many dealers will offer courtesy shuttles to public transit (the ones in NYC often do), or they'll give you a loaner car.

No sense in taking off from work for that. Drop it off and make it their problem. That's what I've done with any GM car I've had under warranty. After the warranty, it never sees the dealership as I do all the work :).

Tags
altima, passenger, rear