Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
04 Altima MIL on after ECM reprogramming... Forums > > 04 Altima MIL on after ECM reprogramming... 04 Altima MIL on after ECM reprogramming...
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
vazqual

Unhappy 04 Altima MIL on after ECM reprogramming...

Hello All... Newbie here.

Just fyi... One week after ECM was reprogrammed at local Nissan dealership (due to "crank angle sensor" recall) MIL came on... I realize this may be completely coincidental and unrelated to recall work, but I don't trust them.

Our car's running fine for the moment (MIL hasn't been reset) under normal driving conditions on local roads, but I'm curious has anyone experienced the same after ECM update?

Hopefully I can visit AutoZone tomorrow for diagnostic code(s). I'm praying it's something minor or this won't cost us (under warranty).

I need to be honest... This will be my family's last Nissan... After owning 4 different models (I loved my Maxima) and problems we've had in recent years with last two cars, dealerships, service depts., & Nissan Corp. WE'RE DONE. In my opinion Nissan's reputation for reliability is no more.

Thanks for letting me vent and hope to get back some good news.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Welcome to Nissanhelp.com!

Is not common for the light to come ON. Check the code an let us know to help you diagnose your car.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:58 AM
2015 Rogue

My guess would be you have a code for the idle speed control. This is very common after programming if the idle air volume is not relearned. It should have been done after the program was finished.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
vazqual

Sorry for not responding sooner... I just got back from AutoZone with DTCs PO455 (EVAP) & you guessed it, PO507 (idling high). MILs been reset & I'm waiting to see if it comes back on. Any feedback to help resolve would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM
vazqual

Tightened gas cap to hopefully address EVAP leak, but MILs back on after about 200 miles. I'm considering replacing the cap to address PO455, but would like to first fix idling issue. Does anyone know how idle relearn can be done without special equipment?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:54 PM

I Agree With You 100% This Is My First And Last Nissan!!!!!!!!!! Horrible Service From Dealer,and In The Shop More Than Any Car I Ever Owned.

Wayne K
Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
vazqual

Just a quick update... I bought a code scanner (on ebay for $30)... Tightening gas cap seems to have fixed P0455, but I still have P0507 (idling high) which is too common after ECM reprogramming. I found another forum where someone stated Nissan Corp. put out a TSB advising service depts. to ensure idling relearn's done after ECM update otherwise MIL will come on with P0507. I've tried idling relearn procedure (also found elsewhere, but steps provided don't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong) and cleared the code with my trusty scanner, but MIL eventually comes back on with P0507. If I can't do the idle relearn soon I'll be visiting dealership so they can unf*ck what they caused. Please let me know if anyone comes across successful idle relearn because I'd rather not waste my time at dealership. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Here is the bulletin for the P0507: 2002-2005 NISSAN VEHICLES; PROCEDURE TO COMPLETE IAVL WHEN IDLE SPEED NEEDS TO BE REDUCED.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 AM

2007 altima

why buy a code scanner when you can get the codes from the car?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 AM
countryboy9799

Quote:
Originally Posted by langjie View Post
why buy a code scanner when you can get the codes from the car?
New guy to the forum and Nissan here. My gf is having some problems with her car causing a p0507 code so I am searching how to fix it. How does one get the code from the car? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:35 PM

2001 Pathfinder

Default PO455 2001 Pathfinder

Thanks All,

A "service eng soon" light popped up on me after entering an expressway. My scanner gave me the PO455 code. I couldn't find anything wrong under the hood so I looked it up in this forum. Sure enough, my gas cap was off. I've reset the computer. So far so good.

Thanks Again,

CG_Pathfinder
Old 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
2012 Altima

I know I am several years late to this thread, but here are the steps for a Nissan Altima 2004 idle timing Learning:

1) Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.

2) Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
Fully depress the accelerator pedal. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

3) Wait 7 seconds.

4) Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 15+ seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turns ON.

5) Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL is ON. Start engine and let it idle for about 20 seconds. It is learning correct idle settings. RPM at "P-parking" or "N-neutral" should be within the interval [650rpm to 750rpm] and ignition timing should be within the interval [+15 to -15].

Hope this helps, car should be much smoother after this.

Tags
altima, ecm, mil, reprogramming