Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Nissan Altima Forums > > 2010 Nissan Altima 2010 Nissan Altima
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
casualkim72

Default 2010 Nissan Altima

Is there an automatic start that will work with my push button start 2010 Altima? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
2007 Altima

Read these threads and ask yourself: What could possibly wrong with a remote starter installation?

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-2007-nissan-altima-discussion/287830-remote-starter-bcm.html
And
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-2007-nissan-altima-discussion/298936-urgent-compustar-remote-starter-bcm-ipdm-problem.html
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima

It's now 2010, and the manufacturers have made plenty of headway. That's not to say that some systems won't work in your car.

I have an 09 and had a Clifford remote installed. Just a plain one with single button remotes. It works great. The MOST important part is to find a shop that you are comfortable with AND has worked on push button start Altima's. When a shop says sure we can do it no problem, that frequently means they've never worked on a Altima. Ask for references. Maybe find out who your local dealerships use.

Lastly, never never ever go to the likes of Future Shop or Best Buy to have a remote installed, that's where the worst horror stories come from. Usually, these types of stores have inexperienced (young) installers doing the work. More complicated installs like on our cars require someone with expertise.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
casualkim72

Default Thanks

Thank you for the information. I have been looking on the internet and Best Buy kept coming up so I checked it out and was considering getting one there but I will stay clear of them. They don't seem to be very expensive and would be great for winter. Thanks again.

Tags
2010, altima, nissan