Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Altima key fob programming Forums > > 2006 Altima key fob programming 2006 Altima key fob programming
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 PM
summer1942

Default 2006 Altima key fob programming

Hello

I tried to program an addition key fob for my 2006 Altima. I follow all instruction: remove and insert key into ignition switch 6 times within 10sec until the hazard lamp flashes....

However, I never see any flash even I keep trying inserting and removing the key slowly and completely. Repeating this procedure many time still no flash.

This is a brand new Altima. I got it two weeks ago.

Does Nissan change the programming procedure for 2006 car???? or did I do anything wrong???

Thank you for your help.

Sumer1942
Old 11-19-2006, 03:17 PM
bonehead

Default reprogram

Here is directions fro a site post hope it helps it is in good detail.

How To Reprogram Key Fob

I recently had to replace my remote, but I was unable to find anywhere on the Web the instructions for registering the remote unit with the car's computer. I eventually obtained the following instructions from an Infiniti Dealer and I have posted them below.
1.Get in & lock the doors
2.Insert the key into the ignition 6 times within 15 seconds
3.Hazard lights should flash
4.Put key back into the ignition & turn to Accessory
5.Press the master door lock (on drivers door arm rest) unlock/lock
6.Hit the lock button on the remote
7.Hazards should flash
8.Pull key out and open the drivers door and then close it
9.It should be set

These instructions worked perfectly for me. If you have more than one remote, I believe that you repeat step 6 for each remote before performing step 8. However, I have not tried registering more than one remote.

Article courtesy of: jeffadamshti
Old 11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
summer1942

Well, I followed exactly the above instruction but never get the hazard flashes (step3).

I don't know about 2005 but I think Nissan changes the programming method for 2006 car since It does not matter how manytime the key insert & remove, the hazard lamps still never flash.

Regards

Summer1942
Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier Crew Cab
2012 GTR
2004 s/c 4x4 frontier

you will have to take it to a dealership to be programed using their scan tool.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:41 AM
Priscilla Young

Hi I just got a recall done for my 03 Nissan Altima where they fixed the engine crank angle sensor/ECM reprogramming. A few days later the Service Engine Soon light came on and is still on. I called the dealership back and they want to charge me $90 to do a engine diagnosis. I only had this car for a year with great performance until I took it to the dealer for he recall. My question is do you think it could have something to do with the reprogramming of the ECM? I am really pissed that they want to charge me to look at the problems when it didn't occur until after that visit. HELP?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier Crew Cab
2012 GTR
2004 s/c 4x4 frontier

if the check engine light is the same code or is related to the repair work performed during the recall there should be no charge but if it is a different code that has nothing to do with the previous work performed you will probably have to pay. if it is a code for crank or cam sensors the work should be free.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM
cisityou

2006 altima key fob programming
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

I agree with DRE351, It's there responsibilty to at least check to see if code is the same. There should be some form of warrinty for there work
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
cisityou

SUMMER1942, did you ever get you fob programmed? I have the same issue you described.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2003 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Here is directions fro a site post hope it helps it is in good detail.

How To Reprogram Key Fob

I recently had to replace my remote, but I was unable to find anywhere on the Web the instructions for registering the remote unit with the car's computer. I eventually obtained the following instructions from an Infiniti Dealer and I have posted them below.
1.Get in & lock the doors
2.Insert the key into the ignition 6 times within 15 seconds
3.Hazard lights should flash
4.Put key back into the ignition & turn to Accessory
5.Press the master door lock (on drivers door arm rest) unlock/lock
6.Hit the lock button on the remote
7.Hazards should flash
8.Pull key out and open the drivers door and then close it
9.It should be set

These instructions worked perfectly for me. If you have more than one remote, I believe that you repeat step 6 for each remote before performing step 8. However, I have not tried registering more than one remote.

Article courtesy of: jeffadamshti
Found these 2003 reprogramming instructions at AllExperts.com. They are consistent with above. Confirm no more than 4 keys.

Code:
The horn chirp can be disable by pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously until 
the hazard lights flash, and no enable press the lock and unlock until the horn chirp.
To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow the steps. 
1. Close all doors and lock all doors 
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six 
times within 10 seconds.
    (The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
    NOTE:
    Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time. 
    NOTE: 
    Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side
    marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is
    accurately completed. 
3.  Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position
     At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase. 
4.  Press any button on the new remote controller once. 
(The hazard warning lamp will then flash) 
     NOTE: 
     Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button
     is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
     The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this
     step is accurately completed and programming is successful.        
                If there is only one remote controller skip  step 5. 
                 5. Additional  ID code entry
                 Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch 
                 (In power window main switch) 
6.  Remove key from ignition
7.  Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END) 
     NOTE:
     If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat 
     the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller. 
     NOTE: 
     Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignore.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
delaney360

Default key fob

followed instructions sill no flash after turning to acc and pushing lock on key fob what am I doing wrong. It's on a 05 350Z.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Nissan Reprogram Key Fob follow this link to reprogram.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate

Tags
2006, altima, fob, key, programming