Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
where is the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2) Forums > > where is the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2) where is the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
clutchknight

Default where is the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2)

first off i have 03 Altima 2.5S, getting dtc code p0138(O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2)), I was told that the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2) was after the cat on this car but there is nothing but pipe from small cat back, now that is said, i do see 2 diff O2 sensors coming off the manifold b4 the cat. is one of them the O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 2). if any one knows where to get a diagram for this on the internet then please send me the link.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

The 4 cylinder only has "Bank 1". The V6 has "Bank 1" (rear cylinders by firewall) and "Bank 2" (front cylinders by radiator).

I'm thinking the "sensor 2" is the O2 sensor after the pre-cat in the exhaust manifold. There should be an O2 sensor before the pre-cat and one after the pre-cat. The pre-cat is the catalytic converter in the exhaust manifold, located just slighter after it comes out of the head.

Last edited by Altima SSS; 04-14-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Tags
bank, sensor