Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 speed sensor location Forums > > 2005 speed sensor location 2005 speed sensor location
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
lpenix

Default 2005 speed sensor location

guys where is the speed sensor located on the motor. i know the car has two one on the tranny and one on the motor, the code it is throwing is the crank sensor, and the speed sensor. i changed the crank sensor, and it started acting up again. so i am going to replace both this time. it is taking forever to start, and it is cutting off also. the two codes are PO725, and PO335.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

You failed to say which eng/trans you have.Lets assumed it's the 4 cyl auto trans.The eng speed sensor is located on the back side of the eng. the se-2 is located in the trans. You might want to go to that section(AT) in the service manual to get a better understanding as to how it all is tide in.Also don't use aftermarket sensors as most don't have the updated eng, speed sensor.The long crank time and stalling is more likely the eng speed sensor as the other has more to do with reading the speed on the speedometer.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 AM
lpenix

thanks for the reply, i found them with the help of my brother, who used to work on them, and they were hard to get to. i went to autozone, they were the cheepest by far, the speed sensor was 28 bucks, and the crank sensor was 23 i believe. they are duralast sensors. with 2 year warranty. and after i installed them i must say my power came back, not to mention my trans shifts as soft as butter. i was starting to get nervous when it started cutting out while going down the road. it just amazes me that a little sensor can cause a car to flipout.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:22 AM
sgriffi81

i've got he 4cl auto trans of an 05 altima. I want to replace both of those myself, can you guys point me in the direction of these sensor locations.

thanks

(i have double posted but i found this one second, sorry)
Old 03-30-2009, 03:01 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpenix View Post
thanks for the reply, i found them with the help of my brother, who used to work on them, and they were hard to get to. i went to autozone, they were the cheepest by far, the speed sensor was 28 bucks, and the crank sensor was 23 i believe. they are duralast sensors. with 2 year warranty. and after i installed them i must say my power came back, not to mention my trans shifts as soft as butter. i was starting to get nervous when it started cutting out while going down the road. it just amazes me that a little sensor can cause a car to flipout.
The aftermarket suppliers are using the old nissan sensors. Nissan doesn't sell them anymore because they were defective. The new sensor has been redesigned. It is metal and the plug goes on it backwards. Don't buy the old ones or you will end up with the same problem down the road.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 AM
lpenix

yea the duralast is the new one that has the metal cover on it. the old one was a flat plastic one, no wonder it failed. and too the guy who wanted the position of the sensor, stand at the drivers side of the car on the side, reach down behind the motor aginst the firewall, both of those are located down there. you have to feel around to find them. i had to go past the elbow to find them, and im over six foot tall, if that helps, lol it could you know. they are not in the middle, kinda twards the edge. they are hard to find, and get out. but once you locate it and get it out, putting the newone back is easy. a little bit of info is that they are actually stuck in the block and have a suction going, i thought i was never going to get it out, but once i took off the oil cap it popped right out with no prob.

Last edited by lpenix; 03-31-2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: change
Old 04-11-2009, 08:29 AM
sgriffi81

Got the duralast one and found it

thanks for all your help. fixed the issue
Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
sgriffi81

K.... replaced that one, engine light still on. Need to replace crankshaft position sensor, one problem. Can't find it been thru the manuel but can't figure out where it is.

can i get to it from the top or do i need to lift the car.

thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Either way,have done each way and both ways are not easy.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM
sgriffi81

this guy's "fix ya" really helped me, i'll post in the hopes it helps someone else

2004 Nissan altima 2.5 liter Crankshaft Position Sensor - FixYa

Tags
2005, location, sensor, speed