Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Oil Filter Access on 3.5L V6 Forums > > Oil Filter Access on 3.5L V6 Oil Filter Access on 3.5L V6
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

Default Oil Filter Access on 3.5L V6

I'm about ready to do the first oil change on the used 2004 Altima 3.5 SE I purchased. I was looking at the location of the oil filter and it sits on bottom, front of the engine right behind the inner front fender wheel well cover on the passenger side. I did not jack it up to look, but will I be able to change the oil filter without removing the RH front wheel and that inner fender cover? It looks pretty tight in there. Any "tricks" I should be aware of?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

i dont know if its different from mine but its not too hard. if anything u can just pull the plastic gaurd off and just reach in. if this is the first time u are doing it, best thing would be to just jack it up(make sure to jack it safely use jack stands dont just use the oem scissor jacks) and take a look for yourself should be simple. make sure u loosen the filler cap so it drain easier and if u dont loosen it and drain the oil it will be a pain in the rear to take off trust me i didt it. and move the plastic guards as u need, if u need more access room, and i would invest in a wrench for oil filter.cause usually it may be real tight and its gonna help u out alot. dont get the circualr ones that go over the filter did no good, it should be adjustble type ones if i find a pic ill show u but autozone should carry it. dran let it chill for a lil, make sure u get a new washer for the drain plug a lil oil oon it before screwing it in and a lil oil on the seals of the filter and screw it in aswell. fill it up and let it run a few minutes.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

here is a vid for a lil help if u want 2003-2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan Engine Oil and Filter Replacement Procedure Video its for a g35 sedan but it should be similar
Old 02-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Altima

sergey85 - thanks for the info and link. Will take my time and see what's the easiest way to get to the filter. I noticed the G35 in the video doesn't have the engine mounted sideways like in the Altima, so it will probably be a little tighter in the oil filter area withe Altima setup.

Tags
35l, access, filter, oil