Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2003 ALtima 2.5 Radio does not turn on Forums > > 2003 ALtima 2.5 Radio does not turn on 2003 ALtima 2.5 Radio does not turn on
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

2003 Altima

Default 2003 ALtima 2.5 Radio does not turn on

Ok, so i replaced the battery on my car, and now the radio does not work.
No display , no clock, no anything. I checked the fuses and i noticed number 10 was the right one, it also controls, the side mirrors. The mirrors working, so i didnt think it was that. But i checked all the fuses anyway. They are ok.

I know there are fuses under the hood and i took the cover off for a quick peek. Lots of them along with what seems to be relays. I was wondering if there is diagram for them or if you guys know which one is related to the radio.

Worse case scenario i'll have to check all of them. I heard that if you disconnect the battery it would reset the radio system?? but i replaced the battery so when i installed the new one, i imagine it should have done that already.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM
hednik

You could check the service or owners manual located in the stickied posts. It tells you what fuse it is and what to do if this happens. good luck
Old 01-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast

2003 Altima

Thank you. I've looked for it, and cannot seem to find one that describes in detail which fuse is which...Can you point me in the right direction.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

I looked too and seems i can't find it also. I assume the radio was working before you disconnected the battery.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

2003 Altima

Yes the radio was working before. I'm thinking about taking the radio out and checking if there is power getting to the radio. If there is, then i'll know its the radio itself. If not, then i'll have to look further into those fuses under the hood.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

2003 Altima

I fixed it. There are 2 different boxes under the hood with fuses. I checked the second one and sure enough i found a fuse that was blown. Replaced it and now its fine.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 AM
drnaji

I had the same problem, I replaced the fuse, and the radio now works, but the display does not turn on, any advise?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 PM
rup0an2004

can u tell me where is dis fuse box...cuz i have same problem??
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
nissandave8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvip View Post
I fixed it. There are 2 different boxes under the hood with fuses. I checked the second one and sure enough i found a fuse that was blown. Replaced it and now its fine.
Can you give more detail on which fuse box and fuse? Is it the box next to the battery on the left side?
Thanks.

Tags
2003, altima, radio, turn