Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Carputer for Altima Coupe Forums > > > Carputer for Altima Coupe Carputer for Altima Coupe
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

Question Carputer for Altima Coupe

Howdy everybody,

I have a 3.5 Coupe with the Premium package and I am very happy with it. At the time of purchase I chose not to get the technology package. At the time I thought it was a good idea since I already had a hand held GPS (Garmin Nuvi 360). Now I am kinda thinking I want a built in navigation and backup camera since it is very hard to see behind me at night. I would also like a bigger screen for my navigation. So I was thinking, why not put a computer in the car that would add a 7" touch screen, built-in GPS, and backup camera. But why stop there? Wouldn't I want to integrate the XM Radio and hands-free Bluetooth and a hard drive as well? Of course!

I am wondering a few things:

Has anybody added a car computer to their coupe?

Could I use hook the same Bluetooth module and XM Radio receiver that are already in the car to a car computer?

Also, has anybody had any experience with Centrafuse software (http://www.fluxmedia.net/)?

Would it be easier to try and get the Nissan Technology package added instead of the car computer?

Those are just a few thoughts for the moment... I guess I should look around the forums some more...

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Search the Coupe/Nicoforums. I believe I saw a post with pics of a custom Nav system. B/U....dunno.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

yeah i was wanting to do that too, they actually have a small computer which fits into a double din compartment (the screen and the dvd/cd player)and works like a computer but they are like 1500.00 if i find the link ill post it for you.it would be pretty cool to have in your car though

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

here is a link i found not the one i was looking at but Xenarc Technologies - 700IDT - 7" IN-DASH Touchscreen LCD VGA Monitor this one is nice though and they offer other ones just look on the left side but the other ones are not in-dash
Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
CrackerStealth

You are more than welcome to have a look at my install. It turned out quite nicely. I use RoadRunner myself. Both the commericial products CentraFuse and StreetDeck have had developement issues.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Carputer Install - MP3Car.com
Old 10-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

That is some setup you have there. I can't think of how i could drive and operate that system. I juess the next thing to come down the pike would be "total mind melt with all internal system" Lets forget voice command.Does anyone have a HAL2000?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

^^^hey thats pretty neat

Tags
car computer, coupe