Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Q&A '08 Altima 2.5 Forums > > > Q&A '08 Altima 2.5 Q&A '08 Altima 2.5
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
elad68

Default Q&A '08 Altima 2.5

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing an '08 Altima Sedan or Coupe - 2.5. I currently drive an '04 Honda Accord sedan EX. I have always been a Honda customer, but was intrigued by the features on the new '08 Altima. I.e. the 20 gal. fuel tank, the CVT trans, the push button start, the trip computer etc. Items not offered on the new '08 Honda Accord sedan or coupe models.

My questions are:
- What is the estimated cost for each of the scheduled maintenance requirements by the dealer (I live in the Chicago-land area)?
- Does anyone know the exact width of the drivers’ side seat back? Is it the same in both the sedan and the coupe?
- Has anyone experienced any problems (repeated on threads here or anywhere else) with these models so far?
- Can anyone tell me what they like and dislike about these models?

Since I have never owned a Nissan, I was wondering, what’s the longevity of the Nissan Altima? The Honda Accord has an excellent record on this subject.

Thank you.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 PM
sssp

Default hi....check out....

Hi..I am experiencing trouble with my new 2008 Altima SL 4 cylinder at present. Took delivery on Feb. 23...and already have a new starter and new ECM! Now, the service manager says that there is a clutch code error! I have only driven it 18 days since signing papers! He wants to keep the car until next Wednesday....I am driving my 2nd rental car...........
I am very unhappy at present...and I dont actually feel like this car will ever be dependable or reliable.............
Thought I would share my story with you! Good luck.....
Old 03-30-2008, 04:36 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssp View Post
Hi..I am experiencing trouble with my new 2008 Altima SL 4 cylinder at present. Took delivery on Feb. 23...and already have a new starter and new ECM! Now, the service manager says that there is a clutch code error! I have only driven it 18 days since signing papers! He wants to keep the car until next Wednesday....I am driving my 2nd rental car...........
I am very unhappy at present...and I dont actually feel like this car will ever be dependable or reliable.............
Thought I would share my story with you! Good luck.....
It probably isn't that difficult of a problem to fix. Does the dealership have a master certified nissan technician? If they do you may politely ask to have that tech work on your car. There are alot of inexperienced techs out there that would rather guess what the problem is rather than actually looking for it. It most likely was not the ecm or starter. Maybe they are working on the 3 strike rule.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
altima, qanda