Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
problems with 08 altima coupe Forums > > > problems with 08 altima coupe problems with 08 altima coupe
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Mindy

Default problems with 08 altima coupe

I have a 2008 Altima coupe 3.5.
I have a few things wrong: the key won't charge, the automatic windows are not automatic, the passenger seat vibrates when empty and the battery exploded. Just wondering if anyone else has they problems.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
2015 Rogue

The key won't charge?
They are not rechargeable.
The auto windows should have been reset when the battery was replaced.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Mindy

Default KEY

When I bought my car they said I had to recharge my key for the push button start. So I know its rechargeable. I guess I'm just gonna have to trade it in.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

The steps to reset the automatic windows are in the owner's manual. When I had my battery cleaned/changed I had to reset the windows. It was pretty easy. Make sure the ignition is in the ON position. Open the driver side window more than halfway. Close the window and keep the window switch in the up position for at least 3 seconds. After that the auto window should work up and down. Then do the same steps for the passenger side window.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:40 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
When I bought my car they said I had to recharge my key for the push button start. So I know its rechargeable. I guess I'm just gonna have to trade it in.
Don't believe sales people. Most of them have no idea how the cars work. The remotes are not rechargeable. They have a battery that has to be changed. You can get them at most drug stores or Radio Shack. It will take either a cr2025 or a cr2032 3 volt battery.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
2008 Altima Coupe

the vibration can possibly be because of your tires, maybe they are not balanced?? also, I had the same problem and the dealer replaced the seat's chassis because it was "loose" as for the key, they really arent rechargeable and what kemsyko said about the auto function in the windows is right and appears on the manual... greetings, newbie here
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
2008Altima

FYI: 2008 Altima here. Simila issues. I think this part is true - whenever the negative battery cable is disconnected, then the radio buttons have to be reset, as well as the auto up/down windows. It's easy and in the manual as stated above. I had to search the internet for it though. It seems like it would be a courteous thing to do by Nissan if when servicing and disconnecting the battery, that they reset all that stuff and let you know what happened. No - that'll never happen. As for the seats, we had to have the tracks replaced - KNOWN ISSUE by Nissan. They still squeaked, and we had to take it back once again to let them tighten it more (or something). Of course, you haven't mentioned the "Clunk" that you get when starting off sometimes. Nissan (and the manual) tells us that's the ABS brakes 'testing' themselves. Hmmm? Are they working when it clunks? Or not? Anyway - you'll start hearing the clunk when you get ~30K miles. Hmmm? Why did it not ALWAYS do that? You mentioned trading. Hmmm? We tried that - they won't give crap for this thing. We're so upside down it's awful. It's depreciating at about $1000 per month. We can't pay it fast enough. As for the key recharging. They can say what they will, but why in the world would they actually have a place specifically designed to hold the key - if it's not to recharge it? I know the warning appears for my key because we've never replaced the battery (and yes - you have to replace it), but if I insert the key into the 'holder', then the warning disappears. If it's NOT charging, then that's just one more ignorant idea that some lame engineer thought up. What's the point? Sheeesh - I could go on all day about the poor engineering that these cars have - but there's no point to it really.

Oh yeah - another dumb idea - the 2-door Altima has the hand brake where it should be. The 4-door has it in the floor, and you have to press it to set it and then press it again to get it to release it. Why they did it 2 different ways is ignorant IMO. Okay - I'll stop now.

:) - gotta smile to keep from crying.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Altima View Post
As for the key recharging. They can say what they will, but why in the world would they actually have a place specifically designed to hold the key - if it's not to recharge it? I know the warning appears for my key because we've never replaced the battery (and yes - you have to replace it), but if I insert the key into the 'holder', then the warning disappears. If it's NOT charging, then that's just one more ignorant idea that some lame engineer thought up.
All of that information is in the owners manual . If you ignore the low battery warning and the battery in the remote dies you would not be able to start the car. The port is there to read the key if the battery in the fob is dead. That allows you to start the car. The warning goes out with the fob in the key port because it is not relying on the transmitted signal.

Last edited by mpe235; 02-06-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:23 AM
2008Altima

Yeh - that sounds right. I know the battery we replaced was NOT a rechargeable one, so it makes sense that it can't possibly recharge. I didn't think about the 'read the key' part. That actually makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Milo Aaron

Hi Mindy,
I have a 2010 Coupe and my passenger seat shakes when no one is sitting in it also.
There is no vibration or shimmy in the car..so it's possibly a problem with the way the seat is mounted to the floor or the seat design.

It bothered me at first but I've learned to live with it.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:53 PM
plee52

Default Problems with 08 Altima Coupe

I have had my 08 coupe 3.5 loaded since 2007 when they came out. I presently have 32,000 on my car. I love the way it drives but here is the list of the problems i have had:

2 new batteries
rack and pinion went out and had to be towed to Nissan.
rear brake RACKS had to be replaced
Motor in driver seat had to be replaced
Sun roof had to be replaced
AC went out 3 times since January of this year
Tire pressure light continuously has to be reset
Inside temperature gauge had to be replaced and still doesnt work correctly
AND the idle problem that i had to go outside of Nissan and have fixed because they refused to adjust the idle.

Everytime something new goes wrong with this car and I have to bring it to Nissan, i swear i am going to get rid of it. But then they fix it temporarily and i love the car again. it is beautiful and drives like no other. I even went and test drove a BMW and did not like it as much as my coupe.

But i am just waiting for the next thing to go wrong. THEN i might get rid of it!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

In addition to posting in this forum, please let Nissan Corporate know. All of you who have problems, those of you that were treated badly by Nissan dealers, let Nissan know.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
2008Altima

Actually my wife has let Nissan know - more than once. Problem is - I think the dealership knows, because they seem to hate seeing her coming. They would probably love for her to buy anything BUT a Nissan.

It's her car - and she is totally irritated at the things that are not working well. We have tested several OTHER brands, but can't really afford to just go buy another car. This thing is losing money every month, in spite of a huge $500 monthly payment. We can't get above water on it. Even refinancing at a lower rate after paying 2000 to be able to do that is still impossible to gain on the depreciation. I guess everyone has figured out these things, and the market does not want them.

For me - I think it's okay, and I can deal with the issues. But my wife takes long trips and is scared that the thing won't crank every time she stops. For me, I just fool with it awhile and it works.

I have managed to make it start EVERY time that the fobkey is in the holder. Maybe a sensor is bad or something. We replaced the battery in both keyfobs, but that doesn't resolve it. I guess the brake lamp switch is next on the list. Maybe brakes too as it has 47K miles and I've never changed them. Wouldn't hurt I guess. Wish us luck.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

LOL - gotta luv what Mod mpe235 said, "that most car salespeople don't know how cars work." I would say probably 80% of them. After the job interview and if they are hired they are actually working in the showroom. They call it on the job training. Because of the lack of training, 80% will not make it. You are hired not because you know cars (else salespeople are auto tech type) but because you are charismatic, friendly like, and good talker even what you're saying are outright lies.

When a customer comes in with a complaint or to claim something the salesperson had promised, that salesperson would be hiding in the back. Other sales guys would cover for him even sales manager, telling the customer that person is off that day or will be in the late shift. This is how cars are sold in America.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2012 Rogue

guys sure the key is not rechargeable? i also have a 2008 alty. and 2 times today my car wont start. sales man said to keep the key charging while in the car. if its not charging maybe thats y my car wont start.

Tags
altima, coupe, problems