Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
High Pitched Engine Noise Forums > > > High Pitched Engine Noise High Pitched Engine Noise
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
08alti

Default High Pitched Engine Noise

I have a 08 Altima Coupe 3.5 with 33,400 miles. When I start the car up in the morning i get a high pitched noise coming from the engine area. You can hear it with the radio on while sitting at a light. I have turned off all air, A/C, radio etc and the noise is still there. When you turn the car off, it will give a small whine noise. I don't know. I've taken it to the dealer twice and I just took it back today and told them to keep it overnight and then start it after it has sat for 4-5 hours. However, by the time i drive it to the dealer in the morning (takes me 30 min to get there) we can't reproduce the noise. It's not a rattle, or a whine. Standing outside the car in the morning, it's loud. The high pitch is ANNOYING. My other thought was my blue tooth - nope...that wasn't it. The dealer does not seem concerned - I am, as my 36k fast approaches. It's got to be something. Anyone have any ideas??
Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2009 Sentra

Could be from a belt. Does the noise seem faster or higher pitch if you rev the engine?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 AM
08alti

faja -

The noise doesn't get faster or higher pitched when I give it more gas. It just doesn't have a belt sounding noise. What about a high pitched vibration or vacuum type noise...I don't know. But you can hear it really well if you're standing outside the car. It's loud. Inside the car you can hear it over the radio. It's a shrill high pitched noise...kind of like a tornado siren, if you know what i mean.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
08alti

Default RATS

Well, they started the car cold this morning and scared everyone in the service department with the loud noise. They found that RATS or MICE ate quite a bit of wiring and hoses. They ate the hose that goes to the vacuum. This is just what they can see on top - they haven't even looked underneath yet. Unbelievable. This will run around $1,000 - mostly labor. UGH!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2009 Sentra

YIKES!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

maybe it's time for a garage cat. :-) Although, if you have a power outlet in the garage, you could get a rat deterrent device that emits a high frequency noise that keeps the rats away. I'm pretty sure you can get them anywhere (walmart, lowe's, home depot, etc.). My parents swear by theirs. (They decided against the garage cat advice)
Old 09-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Got in late on this post, but wondering if your comp should help pay for repairs?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Prande99

Default Make a Best Golf Fade Swing

Make a Best Golf Fade Swing

Fade: Today is when the entire body needs to be able to modernise! Since the upright angle of your discount golf clubs can be what’s used to get to the ball, it is critical that the body rotate fully to be able to help square up the clubface ishiner.

Tags
engine, high, noise, pitched