View Single Post

Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
2012 Rogue

Hello all,
I have a 2012 Nissan Rogue(11,550 miles, so l plan on having it a long time). I really love the vehicle. I've even done a bit of trail running with it. I was surprised at the performance. However, mud gets in everything. Lol. I don't beat it. I bought Juke rims for it, and it looks great.

My second car, back in the early 80's was a 72' Datsun 280z with 145,000. I had it for many years, and put about 220,000 on it. I replace the manual transmission in it at about 160000 miles. Other than that I really didn't have any problems other than obviously brakes and tires, plus a few carb adjustments. One day l was going down a hill, and the person in front of me slammed on her brakes, so l did the same. I stopped the Z, but put my foot through the floor. It was rotted out. I later learned the person who owned it(I bought it in southern VA) was in a flood in the mountains of SC, while on vacation, and never said anything about it. The whole floor was rotted, l should have had more suspicions when it had new carpet and upholstery seats. He said it was customised. I liked it that way..
Anyway it was a great car, I put lots of miles on her, and got her very cheap anyway.. I parted her out, and got a nissan pathfinder, which l had until l got the Rogue in April. I sold the pathfinder to my nephew, young college kid. I wanted him to have reliable transportation and I know he loves to run trails. I would have bought an Xterra, but the wife told me l needed to think about my back. It was broken in a accident in 92' l was in college and a passenger in a friends challenger. He had a friend of his drive us home, as the designated driver, and he lost control of it hitting cobblestone road in Pittsburgh and hit a telephone pole right where I was sitting in the car. It was totaled, and my spine was burst fractured. I'm walking now, and that's a blessing. So, that's another story(If asked I'll tell the whole story) Anyway (I say that often, so apologies up front) .. Glad to be here.