View Single Post

Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Quest

Thumbs up Update

That is really bizarre. 3 years later...after driving for 3 frigging years with ABS, SLIP and TCS off lights today I did something that turned those lights off and ABS system works again...

First I changed brake fluid in the front brakes only, basically bled the front brakes with new fluid using my Motive pressure bleeder. After that I took off my brake pads and cleaned them really well with a file and brake cleaner. Then I cleaned the rotors really well with brake cleaner. Put everything together and drove the car all day. NO LIGHTS. ABS works again too. That's crazy...

If you wondered why I did what i did, the answer is I have been chasing the vibrating at the steering wheel while braking. I changed brake pads and rotors a year ago and it helped a lot. A year later it started again. I thought "I'm not going to change rotors and pads again a year later." So I decided to clean everything really well and bleed the brakes.

The vibration is not 100% gone, but it feels at least 80% better. So, im happy with that. And apparently it helped my ABS actuator problem!! Double happy.