View Single Post

Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

Default Repair of the sliding door cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalia View Post
Hello JB,

Can you help find those pictures of the sliding door assembly and any instructions that explains how to replace a bad cable, I have both right and left sliding doors on my 04 Quest going bad and I am stuck what to do. I think someone mentioned something about the BL section in the service manual, but I am not able to locate it in the download , which direction should I go?

Much appreciated,
Jalia

I just finished doing this repair. Not hard but does take a bit of time. I did document the steps but have only up until the installation of the new cables:
https://plus.google.com/100833672212...ts/365bPDxfUAh
I'll try and put the rest of the steps up this weekend.

A couple of pointer.
1) Search Youtube for video on how to make your own ferrules. Several really clear "step-by-step" ones on making your own custom motorcycle cables which work perfectly for me

2) The cable you need is not available in Canada. I Hhad to order it from Amazon.com (not .ca). Also, the green 1/16" coated wire folks have gotten from Home Depot is not available in Canada.
Here is the cable you will need: Loos Galvanized Steel Wire Rope, Vinyl Coated, 7x7 Strand Core, Black, 1/16" Bare OD, 3/32" Coated OD, 25' Length, 480 lbs Breaking Strength

Hope this helps,
Jim