View Single Post

Old 09-16-2013, 05:09 PM
2005 Sentra

Default Low oil pressure light on at idle 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8L

About 2 weeks ago I changed my oil (5w-30 Bosch oil filter) like I normally do every 3-4k miles, I've put about 500 on it since. Today while stopped and waiting in line at the bank, my oil like came on it was flashing.

I double checked to ensure the filter was tight, oil pan nut was tight, oil cap, etc. Car has the right amount of oil and is still very clear. I changed the Oil pressure sender (easy) but it is still coming on after it's warmed up in idle. Idle pressure is 6psi & about 40-45psi driving, but light comes on while in drive still. I've read multiple listing here (esp. on the 04-06 pathfinders with the exact same issues) and there no fix.

Multiple cert. mechanics have said Nissan says that it's ok, others have changed the oil pump, oil, filters, sender, and even one thats replaced the engine & still has the same issues :) I'd like to get any feedback/advice/suggestions before I proceed. Thank you!!!

My car has 220k miles (all highway I drive alot managing stores) and have had very minor issues with it (oil, light, filters, tires, battery, belts, etc). I know how to do normal things, but when it comes to major things I'm a complete dummy