View Single Post

Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 AM
1998 Maxima

[QUOTE=bennyb53;89270]Let me make sure we are on the same page. In your post #1 you tried to read the trouble codes with long and short flashes. By tester, you mean a code reader or OBD Scanner? Testing your injectors takes more than just pulling them out one by one and do visuals. It will no tell you anything. If the injector O-rings are worn you can easily replace them. You will need to remove the entire injector rail. You need a power source like a car battery, build a circuit with a switch and a bucket of gas for injector to draw fuel when you apply voltage. You will see the injector firing normally with a fine spray or clog or dead injector.
QUOTE]

That is correct. I did read the trouble codes by counting the long and short.
Last night the tester I bought on Ebay arrived so I checked with that. The tester was an OBD Scanner.
By testing the injectors I meant I disconnected the wiring to each of them one at a time which should have stopped them from releasing gas into the cylinders. I disconnected 1, started the car, waited 5-7 seconds to see if the flow of gas out the tailpipe changed, turned off the car, and repeated with the next in line.
I know doing a visual on the injectors would not tell me anything so I did not do one.

By the way, between the 1 test after replacing the MAP Sensor and the 6 tests for the fuel injectors totaling about 40-60 seconds engine run time I ended up with a soaked area on the ground 2 feet wide by 5 feet long.

Paul