View Single Post

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul90804 View Post
I unplugged the fuel injectors 1 by one and there was no change. I got a tester and it 1st came up as P1320 and P0325 (Knock Sensor). When I reset the the codes it still came up as knock sensor but the P1320 went away.
Paul
Let me make sure we are on the same page. In your post #1 you tried to read the trouble codes with long and short flashes. By tester, you mean a code reader or OBD Scanner? Testing your injectors takes more than just pulling them out one by one and do visuals. It will no tell you anything. If the injector O-rings are worn you can easily replace them. You will need to remove the entire injector rail. You need a power source like a car battery, build a circuit with a switch and a bucket of gas for injector to draw fuel when you apply voltage. You will see the injector firing normally with a fine spray or clog or dead injector.

With an oscilloscope I think you can look at each injector if its working properly. Its been suggested before to use injector cleaners if you suspect they are clog. But it won't help on dead injector. I have an automotive stethoscope that I use to listen to the injectors to be sure all sounds the same even tho I don't have issues. If it is dead you will hear no sound or working intermittently it will sound different from a good working injector.