View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
2013 Altima Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
1. All Altimas subject to the first recall came out of the Canton, MS plant. I'm not sure if all the owners who are posting for noise problem have all their cars made from Canton plant. I don't know if it has any relation but the Auto Workers Union is trying to organize the workers there. I don't know if it will come to a vote. The Smyrna, TN workers had rejected the union a long time ago with something like 2-1 votes in favor not to unionize.

2. It has also been widely reported that Nissan is bringing in contract workers at about 1/2 the wages of current workers. These workers are not employees of Nissan but of the contractor. I don't know where they come from nor do I know their skills level.

If I were buying an Altima I woud avoid buying one made from the Canton plant. My '02 Altima was made in Smyrna, TN plant. Your VIN # can tell you the plant it was made of.
I just checked the sticker of my car and it was assembled in Canton. I have had many issues and not really sure how to move forward with this. I have contacted the BBB and General Attorney's office to try to resolve this but Nissan insists that these sounds are normal. Clearly, I have complained about the same issues over and over. Now, I seem to have noticed a clicking noise every now and then coming from the engine compartment and the car has hesitated multiple times on start up. This car really can be described as a piece of crap. How can I find out if my car is one of those recalls? I'm afraid that mine might be one of those with the power steering problem that was announced months ago.