View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
2006 Frontier
2006 Frontier

Default help!! please 06 frontier po300 and p051 po1168

Hi Guys
I have an 06 frontier with 89k miles on it. started having problems with it about a week and a half ago. the check engine light came on and had the p0463 fuel level circuit input high. yes the gas gauge was not reading the fuel level right, saw that there was a recall notice to correct, figure would get it fix later. towed my dump trailer around alittle and the truck started to loosing power on the highway. rechecked the codes and found p1168 fuel air metering control, p0051 a/f sensor 1 heater bank 2, p0300 random misfire.
replace the a/f sensor on the driverside. checked the sparkplugs they where fine but replace anyway with new plugs. cleared codes and away i went. But still the truck did not run right , at lower speeds rpm everything seemed fine but when i got onthe highway the truck would not go. like something was holding it back. just seemed to get worse every time i took it on the highway. almost felt like the cat was plugging up. then the check engine light came back on p0300 random misfires if i took the rpms about 2500rpm.
truck has no power bog down can't go over 35 with out alot bs noise comming out of the engine. Spark plugs seem fine and the coils test fine.
I can't even drive it now the codes are p0300 and p0463 only right now.
could it be that IPDM recall ECM relay?
I'am located in central Mass. and the dealer near me won't help.
oh yea I replace the maf sensor , cleaned the body grounds around the bat and air filter as per the manual.
how do I check the cats?
smells real rich right now

Please help

Thanks
CJ