View Single Post

Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
2000 Xterra

Smile The Solution

Westcoast is 100% correct! As for the knock sensor code being there prior that is incorrect. It is simply compensating for the out of wack idle brought on by the poor connection of the IAC valve. I actually just replaced both driver and passenger side valve cover gaskets as well as the upper intake manifold gasket on my V6 2000 Nissan Xterra. I encountered the same exact engine codes after putting everything back together and the SUV wouldn't start. The "service engine soon" light remained on constant. So I reached around to the underside of the intake manifold near the firewall and pushed the Idle Air Control connector into the socket with ALL my strength. Apparently when you think that sucker is really plugged in it just needs a ton more pressure to truly snap into place. It's in a very awkward spot but you can reach it without taking anything off from the driver side fender. I hope this helps anyone that runs into this problem in the future! Best of luck peeps! (PS there's no need to go replacing either the knock sensor or IAC valve if this situation happens to you)