View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Rogue
2008 Rogue

The trans oil changed were not done by the dealer. I do not like my local dealer's service dept and the only reason I had it towed there was because of the warranty. They charged my for AC dye test that was never performed and over-quoted the price and wouldn't show me a price breakdown. Local guy charged me 2/3s the price AND used genuine Nissan parts. He pointed out with a blacklight that a dye test was not done...and unnecessary considering the visible hole in the AC condenser.

After thinking about it more, I am not sure it is the transmission. There are no engine lights coming on, no warning lamps at all. The car drove absolutely fine except for the banging which got louder and faster with speed. I have lost a drive shaft from u-joint failure on a truck and it reminded me of that noise, but I didn't see that kind of issue when I looked underneath. No fluid leaks either...

After a quick search, I have noticed threads about Murano transfer cases grenading...I pray it's the transmission.

Anyway, it's at the dealership and I should know something tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a stupid magnet that let loose inside the trans...