Thread: p1273
View Single Post

Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
2006 Altima
2005 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHen View Post
Good luck.
Let us know what they come up with.........
Hello everyone.. So, went to Nissan.. they checked Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Injectors.. all working fine.. and then the tech noticed that my Coolant fluid had turned brown.. he then opened the sparkplugs and looked into the hole with a flashlight and found that one of the Pistons was shiny.. he came to a conclusion that my head gasket was blown and had radiator fluid leaking into it.. and the fluid was cleaning out the top surface of the piston hence it was cleaner and shinny than the others.. I believe what the tech said cos 4 weeks back I had flushed out the coolant.. and it had turned brown in 4 weeks.. Nissan is saying that oil is leaking into my coolant as well.. hence it turned brown.. and also the reason for problematic cold starts on my car..

So, all of you who have the same problem I suggest check your coolant if its has turned brown.. it seems like when the catalytic converter goes bad.. the mesh inside the cata starts breaking and gets pulled into the engine via the exhaust.. and these small mesh particles damage the engine and the gaskets..

I left my car at the dealership and I am not driving it with a blown gasket to cause more problems.. I am waiting for an estimate from Nissan to change the head gasket.. will keep you guys posted..

Last edited by Stealthm; 07-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.