View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 03:04 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverbeek View Post
I own a 2007 Nissan maxima 3.5 se and have recently had what seemed to be a transmission problem. The car has 50,000 miles on it thus making it covered by factory warranty. The car when driven shifts through the gears smoothly when taking off from parked to 60 MPH. The problem occurs as you slow down from 60 to 35/40mph. Once at this speed, I attempt to accelerate and all that happens is the rpms rev way up but it seems to be stuck at 40mph. If i put it to the floor the car red lines and will lurch forward and slow down and lurch again and slow down... I brought the car to Nissan dealership and they acknowledged the problem, diagnosed it as an internnal transmission problem, and since its under factory warranty, put a new transmission in it at no cost to me. On my drive home I noticed that the car is doing the exact same thing I described. I turned around and brought it back and explained this to them. They said for 75$ they would run a diagnostic on it and try and figure out the problem. Still waiting to hear back since that was this morning. My question I guess is, does anyone know what this problem could be? I am a female and am feeling like they are giving me the run around and I would like a little knowledge about this problem so i could atleast understand what's going on. Any information would be helpful!
Corrosion in the rear hubs could be pushing the rear abs sensors out of alignment. That causes the traction control to activate. Have you noticed the abs activate when stopping on a dry road?
ASE Master Certified.