View Single Post

Old 04-21-2007, 02:23 PM
jalalski

Default Nissan Defect!

Hi Peter,

I wish I had come across your post earlier than this or seen your story told on the Australian X-Trail Forum.

Based on what you stated in your post and the symptoms you have described, you have experienced the Loose Intake Butterfly Screws Defect.

This is a known problem to Nissan (refer to U.S. Recall for the Sentra Spec-V & Altima QR25DE Engines), but Nissan Australia have not announced a recall for this, although it happened to a number of our forum members (including a very recent case)

Please refer to THIS thread on our forum and start adding your information there, as that thread is monitored by Nissan Australia and I am personally involved in communicating with Nissan about this.

We're now considering a class action or a petition against Nissan which will hopefully force them to issue a formal recall for this defect.

You shouldn't have been asked to pay a CENT for this repair and it should have been covered by warranty (even if outside of the warranty period)

Look forward to welcoming you on our forum.

P.S. Your first post on the forum needs to be made in "Introductions" to gain membership and you can then make a post in the above thread.

Also, have your xtrail been affected by the Pre-cat. failure and recall and if so, was the cat. converter replaced?

NOTE to mpe235: Hi mate, It's Jalal from the Australian X-Trail Forum. I am the head admin and owner of the Aussie Forum. We're now experiencing the Loose Intake Butterfly problem which was previously experienced by the Sentra Spec-V and Altima vehicles. The Nissan X-Trail shares exactly the same engine with these 2 models (QR25DE 2.5LT Petrol engine). So far we had about 10-11 confirmed cases of this defect taking place (that we managed to count) and this new case mentioned here is yet another one proving that the Butterfly Screws failure is real and affects the xtrails. Nissan Australia AND Japan are refusing to admit this defect and refusing to admit that it affects the X-Trail, so they're dealing with them on case by case basis. In all cases where this defect had happened, it resulted in major damage to the engine and some customers were forced to pay for the repair when it is not a fault of their own. Just thought I'd make you aware of this, as the recall bulletin for the Sentra Spec'V posted on the NissanHelp website was the starting point for my research into this. Cheers mate.

Last edited by jalalski; 04-21-2007 at 02:37 PM.