View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 07:06 AM
1999 Altima
2005 GTR

Default Nissan

Hello!
Thank you for the diagram becasue I think what is wrong with it now, is the relay. I found the fuse that goes to the lighter to be blown. I didn't had a fuse at the time so I just wrapped a "tiny" which I thought it was(not) a tiny wire around the fuse and stock it back in there. I was gone replace it eventually but it was just for the time being. Then my friend gets me an idea to change my deck, so I went bought the wiring harness and since I already had a CD player ready to install I went ahead and took out the trim to get to the stock CD player. I had forgotten all about what I did with the fuse and while taking of the trim I accidentally short circuited the cigarette lighter. Well after I hooked up the CD player I noticed that it doesn't work. So then I checked the fuse and it was fine. So I thought that the new deck is broke, but then I reconnected the stock Cd player and it wouldn't work either. Then I checked the cigaret lighter for power and it was not putting out any power either. So I went and got a new fuse for the cigarette lighter and it didn't solve the problem. The fuse stays good but neither the CD player or the Lighter works now. So I said dam and wired the deck to the light power wire so now the CD player works only when the lights are turned on. Then I noticed other problem that new CD player works fine but doesn't produce any sound. That was weird. I know what I did wrong, but how do I fix it?