View Single Post

Old 12-20-2011, 03:20 PM
fishingsetx

Default 2008 Nissan Pathfinder missing/surging

Ok, I am at the end of my chain here!!!! My wifes 08 patfinder 4.0l `70k is missing at low throttle input. Basically a normal drive goes like this:

Cranks up great and no problem at idle.

Place in reverse and start rolling back, and still no problem until a very small amount of throttle is given then it misses/surges a few times. give it more throttle and it backs out great.

Place in drive and everything is fine. Accelerate to ~45 mph and coast for a sec. give it just a slight bit of throttle and the missing/surging comes back. more throttle cures the problem. accelerate to 70 mph and have the same problems cured by more throttle.

basically anytime you coast a sec then put your foot on the gas (very little throttle input), it surges/misses. Give it a bit more gas and it stops missing.

Took it to my local transmission shop (they do great work) and had the trans checked thinking it was a shifting problem and they said it wasnt the trans.

tried running several tanks of premium through it and even tried some injector cleaner with no luck. The problem has been getting worse and worse over the last month or 3. First thing I tried to check was the fuel filter (act just like a dirty one) but quickly found out it didnt have one I have also cleaned the throttle body and checked for trans fluid in the coolant and vice versa. Im an electrician by trade and done lots of work on my older trucks up to and including rebuilds, but I just cant seem to put the two together on these newer vehicles!!!!!!

Anyone have the same problem? Any ideas on where to start?