View Single Post

Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 AM
2002 Sentra

Thanks a ton for the replies, guys. I worked on it all this morning... swapped relays, tested that red/black wire (which was indeed getting continuous 12v), and still no luck. I decided to retrace some of my earlier steps...

I remembered when I had tested for spark the first time, I was doing it alone and had to try to rig up this little el-cheapo screwdriver-looking thing with a black alligator-clip lead and the title "spark tester" on the side so that it was inside the plug wire but still visible through the windshield... and at that time I saw no little red light to indicate spark. I even tried it on my other car to make sure the thing wasn't defective, and it blinked like crazy, so I knew it was Ok. But, as I said, nothing on my Sentra.

This morning, I asked my wife to turn the key while I crammed the tester thingy into the plug wire, and the little red light came on (plus I git a little shock in the hand that had the coil in it, what an idiot!), although i must say it wasn't a fast on/off flash like on my other car...

Anyway, I was glad that I had re-tested this (all for wires gave me the same results), and went out and bought a large can of starter fluid, emptied half of it into my intake while my wife was turning the engine over, and NOTHING! I was SURE it had to be some kind of fuel delivery issue (once I had seen the spark tester light up), but I guess not...

I'm pretty stumped at this point... any more ideas? Am I getting spark, but just not ENOUGH spark? Could it be that ALL the coils went bad at once? That seems ridiculous to me...

Well, sorry for the mis-info earlier about the spark... but thanks for your help, and for any other ideas you guys might have!!!