View Single Post

Old 10-15-2011, 03:01 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

On my 02 Altima 5 Spd., 96k miles.

OEM Parts: Ignition Coil - Hanjin (3 still OE), O2 Sensors - NGK/NTK, Spark Plugs - NGK - PLFR5A-11, Drive Belt - Bando. But I'm using Gates. Motor Oil - Castrol Full Synthetic 10w-30, Transmission Fluid - Redline MT90. Disc Pads - Akebono but I'm using aftermarket ceramic. Genuine Nissan crankshaft, camshaft, and immobilizer unit.
Standard Motors - PCV from NAPA. As always, consult your owner's/service manual for Specs and proper oil grades.

When buying aftermarket critical parts, look for key words or phrases such as; Direct OEM Replacement, Inter-Motor Exchange, list the actual Nissan part # being replaced. Remember OEMs also sells aftermarket. Do your research Online before even going to your local parts store. And establish a good working relationship with 1 or 2 sales staff who you think is knowledgeable.

Most of all, if you think you're due for replacement, go ahead and do it so you have time to shop for parts online or your local auto parts store. You'll save a lot of money than waiting for the MIL or breakdown away from home.