View Single Post

Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM
2006 Xtrail
2006 X-trail 1998cc 2WD

Smile Nissan Dealer rip-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
As I recall, there are no cables to disconnect, just the electrical connections and about 6 or 7 bolts. Read post #2 here and make sure you have the skills and tenacity to tackle this, plus the bearings and some 8mm spacer washers. Also make sure you disconnect the battery and the ECU FIRST, these (ECU) are very expensive and easy to damage. Buying a used blower motor is maybe or maybe not a good idea, if you have it all the way apart, I'd try oiling it like the OP did, maybe you'll get lucky and can forget about bearing replacement. Attached are two photos... Good Luck!
Hi Guys
Glad I found this thread. My blower motor was nice and quiet until over a period of 2 days, the gentle squeal gradually got noisier and noisier and now sounds like a hammer drill. Went to the one and only dealer round here in West of Ireland and they wanted €800 odd just for parts - don't know what that is in US$ but I'm not paying it. So have embarked on a DIY job and fitting decent roller bearings. Not for the faint-hearted as someone said but in my younger days I changed engines single-handedly. Thanks for the pics. Will let you know how it goes.......