View Single Post

Old 09-24-2011, 07:32 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slriser View Post
I, too am having the ABS lights on problem. I did replace both rear hubs for $49.00 each from an online parts supply. Once I got them on and drove down the road, the front brakes applied by themselves @ 10-15 mph. I didn't get to any speed higher since every time it would apply the brakes. Turned the car around and parked it in the garage. I have removed the rear sensors and cleaned them (just blew compressed air on them while changing the hubs).
Big question is: How do you reset the ABS system? I have read all through other forums, and seen where you ground pin 9 on the DLC. I have a 2004 SE, and it does not have a pin on 9. My DLC has pins on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 16. I have the FSM and looked through the BCS & GI chapters and could not find anything on which pins to use to get/reset the ABS codes. I don't want to wreck the ECM or ABS module, so does anyone know the correct pins to use to grab the codes and then reset the ABS without using a Consult II device?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
One of your rear abs sensors may be out of alignment with the sensor ring on the wheel bearing. The white plastic dust cover behind the hub gets distorted by corrosion in the aluminum around it. It pushes on the sensor and moves it out of range. There is no way that I know of to pull codes manually on these vehicles.
ASE Master Certified.