View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Rob1

Default SLIP light goes on when going around curves at 55+

Has anybody seen this one: Slip light coming on when not slipping When I travel at highway speeds (55+mph) around a curves to the left, my SLIP light comes on. It has never done this before and seems ok when on curves to the right. It only lasts while on the curve or until I slow down. I also hear what sounds like a grinding noise from under my 2007 XTerra. I suspect the noise I hear is the engine attempting to balance the power to the tires. The roads are dry and clear (no sand or gravel). I can reproduce it on any curve that allows for those speeds (freeway overpass or windy highway road). It makes no difference if I am going up hill or down or pressing the gas or break. I took it to the dealership, they were stumped. We first tried to replacing each sensor on all four tires. Next will be the ABS computer. They said they checked the wiring and all looked ok. The main computer showed no errors and no other lights on the dash come on when this happens. This all started after my 60k routine maintenance. However, they did replace the timing tensioners/belt and disconnected the battery during the maintenance. Not sure if this was related? But it did started the day after I got my 2007 XTerra back. They called a Master Mechanic back at Nissan, they sounded stumped as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Rob1; 08-31-2011 at 03:07 PM.