Thread: CVT-problems
View Single Post

Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
dayo_dbee

Angry Nissan UK not honouring CVT warranty extension on Murano

I am wondering if anyone else is in my shoes, i just bought a Murano 6 months now, 2nd hand with 74k on the clock and have only done less than 1k in 6 months as i am a light car user hence my choice of a 3.5 litre gas guzzler (and i thought Japanese cars are probably the most reliable as my wife have had a Nissan Almera for 6 years now. I took the kids on a trip to France from UK and coming back, parked up waiting to board the ferry when the car refused to climb the ramp into the boat. I called the breakdown service after coming off the boat and was told its a transmission failure! From about 11pm, i finally got home with the Murano on the back of a truck at 4am next day (NEEDLESS TO MENTION THE STRESS FOR THE KIDS) I read about the extended warranty to 10 years or 120k in the US but on contacting Nissan UK, i was informed that they will not honour this as its only for the US. My question is, in fairness to consumers and in line with good customer service, should Nissan Uk not agree to repair this under their warranty? The repair is so expensive and for a car of this calibre to have a major transmission problem with no oil leaks or warning sign is so bad especailly under 100k. It is obvious that the CVT technology is not as good as Nissan are making people to believe and i will like to see more UK customers come together to put pressure on Nissan to rectify this fault free under warranty. i am quite prepared to contribute to legal fees to take Nissan to court in the UK. Anyone else share the same opinion???