View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 PM
armyguydan123

First off, TY SOOOOO MUCH. i have posted this same question on 3 other webistes(pathfinder or nissan forums) with no responses in almost a week. I know where the TPS sensor is. On mine it has 2 plugs comming off of it. if i unplug one of them(with the longer wires, not directly plugging in) idle goes up to 2500+ RPM's, but it holds steady. I dont think i can get to the screws on the TPS without removing the throttle body. I got this vehicle for free from a lady that was going to junk it and i really want to keep it and get it running right. for ignition timing are you talking about adjusting the timing? Another point, when i first got it, it was surging from 1400-2800rpms, it dropped to what it is surging at now. ALSO(sorry) i have 2-3 vaccum lines capped off due to someone removing one of the emmission things(mounts on the driver side front under hood). That was removed and capped about 2 years ago and it has ran fine since then.

The engine was rebuilt about 25K miles ago and i have receipts for over $6k worth of repairs in hte past 4 years. Again, ty soooo much for the response. I will try to adjust the TPS tomorow and I WILL UPDATE. i dont leave people hanging, so again, thanks